Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours?
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 4-10pm
- Thursday: 4pm-10pm
- Friday: 4pm-10pm
- Saturday: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday: 1pm-8pm
Note: We will also be closed on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day). We also reserve the right to close for other reasons such as inclement weather, as deemed necessary.
When did you open?
October 5th, 2019
How do you differ from other crafting spots?
So glad you asked!
- We’re a Bar and Bottle Shop: Unlike some other crafting spots, you won’t have to bring your own wine or beer with you to sip on because it’s already right here! We’re excited to offer a variety of delicious craft beers and wines that you can order from the bar when you get your craft kit.
- Budget Friendly: We want to make crafting a bit more affordable for the average person, so our standard craft kit options start at just $20-$25 and go up from there. We also offer free adult coloring books to anyone that just wants to hang out and have a drink.
- Classes Optional: Unlike many other places, our class offerings are entirely optional. Instead of classes, we sell craft kits that can be purchased at the bar. Each kit has a set of instructions included with it. You can pick out your crafting project, pick out your design if the project comes with one (or freehand whatever you want) and then take it to a table for completing on your own time. Don’t worry about if you run into problems- we’ll have touch lights on the table you can tap if you get into a rut and one of our awesome craft-tastic assistants will be by to help you through.
- Variety of Crafting Options: We’re not a sign-making place, or a painting place; instead, we keep things broad, because we REALLY love offering a wide variety of crafts and fun seasonal activities (think pumpkin carving in October, wreath-making in December, blanket making in January, etc).
Can I buy a craft and take it home instead of doing it at the bar?
Some of them, yes. Unfortunately, there are several, like wood burning, that continue to only be offered on site. One of our missions is to make crafting more sustainable by eliminating the need for single-use crafting materials, which we support through sharing materials like paints, wood burning pens, etc. That mission would be at risk if we started providing those to-go, BUT we do have a few kits created by third-party makers that don’t require any of our on-site materials to complete. See the list of crafts for an update on what is available to take home.
Do I HAVE to craft while I’m at the bar?
Definitely not. We can’t guarantee that we won’t try to convert you to the crafting occult at some point, but you’re safe if you want to come in and just color on one of our free coloring books available, or just have a beer and chat with one of our awesome staff.
Can I bring my own craft?
You most certainly can! If you have a self-contained craft, like knitting, it’s no charge. If you need to use our materials (paints, wood burning pens, etc), we charge a $10 minimum materials fee, which can grow if you bring in larger projects.
Can I use your materials but bring in my own canvas, pumpkin for carving, etc?
You can! We do ask that you pay a $10 minimum materials fee to do so, though. Most things (bringing in a birdhouse, a canvas, an unfinished spoon to wood burn, etc) fall in the $10 Materials Fee range. If you bring in a large craft that requires a ton of paint or other materials, though, that fee can increase, so it’s best to call in ahead or write to us using the webform if you would like to inquire about what the materials fee would be for a large, specific craft.
Are kids allowed?
We LOVE kids and absolutely welcome them to come hang out with their parents for a fun family night out. That said, we remain an adult first space, and we may request that a waiver may be signed for any child under the age of 18 AND that a parent remain present at all times. We have scissors, hot wood burning pens, and chemicals that are within reach of small children, so we ask that any parents pay very close attention to their children while on site.
Do you do children’s birthday parties?
We do not host children’s birthday parties at this time. While we are child and family friendly, we remain an adult-first space, and our experience is that children’s birthday parties require more oversight from our staff than we are able to provide.
Do you serve food?
We partner with Relish to provide their homemade pimento cheese and boiled peanut hummus, each served with their homemade crackers for $10.
We also have a food truck, No Bull Street Tacos, that parks out front, but we are not able to guarantee that they will be out there, as they are a separate business.
Can I bring my own food?
Absolutely! Given our limited selection of on-site options, we understand that our customers will want to order food to the bar, and we support that.
Can I bring my own drinks?
No. We have a full beer/wine bar on site, that also provides a wide array of non alcoholic beverages. There should be no reason for our customers to bring in outside beverages.
Do you offer classes/Can I teach an art class at your place?
Yes you can! We host artists from the community to teach classes on weeknights in the private party space when we don’t have other parties booked. We do not currently charge a fee, unless you need to use our materials, but we do encourage the independent artists to have the attendees purchase beer and/or snacks from us. The private party space seats a maximum of 18 adults, but if a lot of room is needed for the craft, we’d recommend the max class number be smaller. Here are the steps to teaching a class with us:
- Email email@example.com and let us know what you want to teach and the dates/times of weeknights you’re available.
- Once we’ve settled with you on a class, date, and time, create a Facebook event page with Crafts & Drafts NC as the cohost, and create an Eventbrite page for ticket sales. Link the two by adding the ticket link to the Facebook event page. Email us the links as well so that we can add them to our website.
- Show up to teach the class and that’s it!
Note that if we receive complaints about the class or if we have issues working with someone, we reserve the right to refuse hosting future classes with the maker in question.
Can I reserve a table?
If you have a great of 8 or more people, you are welcome to reserve a table, as long as you and your group are willing to commit to a $250 collective minimum. Please see our Private Parties section to reserve space, and check out our other party offerings! If you are not willing to commit to a minimum, or your group is under 8 people, then seating will be on a first come, first serve basis.
Do you offer gift cards?
Yes! You can purchase physical gift cards from the store during our hours of operation, or online e-gift cards through the link in the upper right corner of the website.
Do you allow dogs?
Dogs are allowed on our outdoor patio, at the bar, and in the bottle shop area, but we request that dogs not be at the main tables indoor. We have people using wood burning pens, chemical etching creams, sharp objects, etc. and we don’t want to risk the safety of any animals.